Last Updated on August 12, 2020 by Sam Corbin
Although fitness mirrors are pretty new to the market, they are making quite a buzz in the industry right now. Smart mirrors will let you follow along with a workout and get a visual of what your form really looks like.
The latest models can correct your form using a personal trainer and artificial intelligence. Smart mirrors provide a wide variety of fitness classes including weight training, yoga, Zumba, barre, kickboxing, and more.
With a host of smart mirror brands on the market, choosing the best product isn’t easy. Your extensive research is important to select the best product that fits your needs and budget. Echelon Reflect and Tempo are two of the most popular smart mirrors on the market today. Both these products have their own advantages and disadvantages.
The most important thing is to pick the right product that suits preferences. This article provides a comprehensive overview of Echelon Reflect and Tempo to facilitate your purchasing decision.
Price Comparison: Is Reflect or Tempo More Affordable?
Echelon Reflect offers two smart mirrors that differ depending on the size of the mirror. The 40-inch and 50-inch models are these mirrors. Here are the prices of the Echelon Reflect 40 and 50-inch smart mirrors:
Reflect 40″ Price
- 40-inch Smart Mirror + Monthly Subscription = $1,039.98 + Shipping
- 40-inch Smart Mirror + One-Year Subscription = $1,399.98 + Free Shipping
- 40-inch Smart Mirror + Two-Year Subscription = $1,599.98 + Free Shipping
Reflect 50″ Touch Price
- 50-inch Smart Mirror + Monthly Subscription = $1,639.98 + Shipping
- 50-inch Smart Mirror + One-Year Subscription = $1,999.98 + Free Shipping
- 50-inch Smart Mirror + Two-Year Subscription = $2,199.98 + Free Shipping
Tempo Studio Price
- Tempo Studio is priced at $1995 and $39 a month to access the live and on-demand classes.
Price Winner? Echelon Reflect.
Echelon Reflect is the cheaper option when compared to Tempo Studio. But you have many options to choose from when investing in Echelon Reflect depending on your budget.
Echelon Reflect vs Tempo: Features Comparison
Echelon Reflect Features
The Echelon Reflect 50-inch smart mirror can be hung anywhere in your room to perform workouts in your home at your own convenience. You don’t have to go to a gym to become fit and healthy when you invest in this superior smart mirror. You only need to subscribe to Echelon FitPass to have instant access to both live and on-demand classes you can enjoy alone or with other participants.
The 50-inch Reflect mirror hangs vertically in a portrait position so that you can see more of your full body reflected in the mirror as you work out. This piece of equipment will easily replace your gym membership with an at-home option that would double as a normal accessory on the wall when not in use. Here are some of the popular features of the Echelon Reflect smart mirror:
- The 50″ smart mirror comes with a 32″ high definition touchscreen display
- The product has hanging hardware so that you can hang it anywhere in the room
- The mirror is 3mm thick and 52 pounds heavy. When not in use, it looks like any other regular mirror on the wall
- Nano-crystal coating to resist glare, and the fingerprint resistant quality helps keep the glass clean at all times
- Live as well as on-demand workout classes for a monthly subscription
- If you already have the Echelon Bike subscription, the Echelon Mirror subscription is free
- Fitness class categories include yoga, strength training, meditation, boxing, cardio, Zumba, barre, and more
Tempo Studio Features
With a price tag of almost $2,000 and a $39 monthly subscription fee for the content, Tempo is not a cheap product compared to Echelon Reflect. But you will be getting a lot for the price you pay if you can afford this smart mirror. The package comes with sixteen weight plates, one barbell, two dumbbells, a recovery roller, and a workout mat. All these components are packed into the sleek storage unit that houses the 42-inch HD display. Here are some of the popular features of the Tempo Studio smart mirror:
- 3D sensor that corrects your form in real time. When the sensor detects that you are not properly executing the workout, a notification will appear on the display
- Super-modern, sleek look
- 6-feet tall and just 2-feet wide
- You need at least 5-feet of clearance when working out so that the 3D sensor can recognize you
- Tempo supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks
- Purchase includes four sets of weight plates with the product such as 1.25 pounds, 2.5 pounds, 5 pounds, and 10 pounds
- All the weights can be stored at the bottom of the machine
- Hundreds of on-demand and live workout classes for you to choose from – including strength-training, cardio, mobility, and high-intensity interval training (HIIT), as well as recovery classes
Both Eheclon Reflect and Tempo offer a wide variety of workout options. Echelon provides Pilates, strength training, stretching, meditation, core, cardio, boxing, barre, Zumba, yoga, and toning workouts. They are offered as live and on-demand classes when you subscribe to the Echelon Fitpass app for $39 a month.
Tempo Studio also provides access to a host of live and on-demand workout classes via a $39/month app. Tempo offers strength training, HIIT exercises, mobility workouts, cardio, recovery, and challenges to test your physical strength and endurance. Although both smart mirrors offer a wide variety of workout options for you to choose from, Echelon Reflect offers a more complete exercise regimen to improve your mental and physical fitness at the same time.
What Equipment is Required?
For the most part, you won’t be needing any expensive equipment to follow the workouts included in this smart mirror. You can use a pair of dumbbells and an exercise mat for almost all the workouts offered by the smart mirror. In fact, this is the most you may have to invest to start your workout sessions with Echelon Reflect. You can make adjustments as you go along to get the most out of each session. This is the beauty of using the Echelon Reflect home gym.
Tempo Studio provides 16 weight plates (4x10lb plates, 4x5lb plates, 4×2.5lb plates, and 4×1.25lb plates), two dumbbells, one barbell, one recovery roller, one exercise mat, and a heart rate monitor. All these are included in the package, and they can be stored at the bottom of the machine. These are the only equipment you need to perform the workouts offered by Tempo Studio.
Comparison Summary: The Best Smart Mirror is?
If you are looking for a high-quality smart mirror on the market, Echelon Reflect and Tempo Studio are two of the best products out there. Both of these products have a lot to offer to improve your health and fitness levels over time. Both products have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Tempo and Echelon Reflect offer live and on-demand classes for $39 a month. But Tempo Studio is more expensive compared to Echelon Reflect. On the other hand, Echelon provides many pricing options for you to choose from. It also has two models such as the 40-inch and 50-inch smart mirror.
That is why we have decided to give the edge to Echelon Reflect as being the total package of affordability, the latest in technology, celebrity trainers, and a huge variety of live as well as on demand workout options.
Ready to get started?