- 1 Top 7 Competitors to the Peloton Exercise Bike
- 2 1. Echelon EX5s: Most Similar to Peloton
- 3 2. Bowflex C6 Bike: Peloton App Compatiable
- 4 3. NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle
- 5 4. Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike
- 6 5. Horizon iC7 Indoor Bike with Streaming Package
- 7 6. L NOW Cycling Bike
- 8 7. ASUNA Minotaur Cycle
- 9 Peloton App Alternative:
- 10 Competitor Summary: The Winner is?
Looking for the best Peloton Alternatives? It’s no secret that Peloton makes some of the coolest exercise bikes around, and part of their amazing experience is that you can take part in actual spin or running classes, right in the comfort of your home or office.
Their bikes and treadmills are some of the best we have seen, but their innovative cycles come with a pretty hefty price-tag. Because of that, not everyone is going to be able to afford a Peloton bike or treadmill, so they often go looking for the next best option.
Below, you can find a list of other bikes out there that may be a better option for you. Some offer many of the same features that make Peloton so great, and others are just bikes that we really like.
So with that in mind, let’s take a look at our favorite Peloton Alternatives for the 2020:
Top 7 Competitors to the Peloton Exercise Bike
- Echelon EX5s: Most Similar to Peloton
- Bowflex C6: Syncs with Peloton App
- Nordictrack Studio Cycle
- Schwinn IC4
- Horizon Elite IC7 Indoor Cycle
- ASUNA Minotaur
1. Echelon EX5s: Most Similar to Peloton
PRICE: Check Latest Echelon Prices
The Echelon Smart Connect EX5s Indoor Cycle (read our full review here) is by far the best Peloton alternative we have found.
It has all of the features you want in your smart bike, many of them nearly identical to what Peloton brings to the table, but for almost half the price for a similar cycle.
With the Echelon EX5s exercise bike, you get a similar feel to the Peloton, and you can even access workouts just like you would at a cycling class, but in the comfort and convenience of your own home or office.
And like the Peloton, it comes with a built-in screen for streaming a workout or exercise class, and creating an amazing riding experience wherever you choose to ride.
Echelon Smart Connect Features
- New 21.5″ FHD Built-in Screen: Can Flip 180 Degrees
- Access Live Streaming App with Classes Led by Elite Trainers and Celebrity Instructors
- Access Live Exercise Classes Available to Watch Every Day
- Huge Library On Demand Classes That You Can do Any Time
- Scenic Ride Simulations Create an Amazing Experience
- Special Shoes Not Required: Pedals Have Built-in Toe Cages
- 32 Levels of Resistance
- Powder Coated Frame
- Adjustable Competition Seat
- Adjustable Aero Handlebars
- Track Your Heart Rate
- Space-Saving Footprint: 3′ 5″ L x 1′ 6″ W
On top of all this, you can also get access to watch their pre and post workout and exercise classes with the Echelon Fit App, including Yoga, meditation, stretching sessions, and even pilates.
This makes the Echelon app experience even better than other close competitors.
Live + On Demand Classes & Scenic Rides
With the Echelon bikes, you get many of the awesome benefits Peloton provides, but for appears to be a more affordable price.
That includes access to all of their live workout streaming, a huge catalog of on demand exercise classes led by awesome instructors, and amazing scenic rides in some of the most popular cycling destinations in the world.
The best part? You can use the Echelon app on every model Echelon offers, so if you want something cheaper, they have more adorable options than the EX5s as well.
Where Can You Buy the Echelon?
At last check, the official Echelon website was the place to lock in their best deals, and if you use our code below, you can get an iPad for streaming their app, included free with the purchase of a bike.
2. Bowflex C6 Bike: Peloton App Compatiable
The Bowflex C6 is one of the newest spin bikes to hit the market recently, and it’s a great cheaper alternative to the Peloton. The best part is, it works with Peloton exercise app, so you can still stream the Peloton classes and learn from their amazing instructors. If you opt for the Bowflex C6, it sounds like you can’t take part in the Peloton leaderboard, however, so if that’s a feature you can’t live without, you want to still consider Peloton.
While the Bowflex C6 is a cheaper alternative to the Peloton bike, that doesn’t mean that they sacrifice on quality or features. It’s still packed full of the latest technology, and a high-quality build that you’d expect from Bowflex.
- Smooth, Quite Bike Ride
- Small Footprint: Great for Smaller Spaces
- Magnetic Resistance (100 Micro-Adjustable Resistance Levels)
- Bluetooth Ready
- Dual Link Pedals with Toe Cages
- Track Heart Rate
- Works with a Variety of Workout Apps, Including Peloton
- Built-in Screen Not Included – Tablet Required For Using App for Bike Rides
Where Can You Get the Best Deal?
Because the C6 bike is so new, the only place you can currently purchase it is at the Bowflex website. At last check, they were offering some pretty great introductory rates on the C6, and they also offer a financing package.
3. NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle
The NordicTrack Studio Cycle (read our review) is another excellent choice for those who want to stream live or recorded classes and workouts from their bike. The NordicTrack features a built-in screen, and many other high-quality features.
It’s in a similar price range to the Peloton bike, so expect to pay a bit more than you would for the Echelon or Bowflex C6, should you choose to make the purchase.
Here’s a small sampling of what it has to offer:
Nordictrack Studio Cycle Features
- Interactive Personal Training Classes with iFit App – Use Every Day
- 22 Inch Interactive HD Touch Screen with Adjustable Display Mount
- 10-20 Percent Live Incline Matching Technology
- 24 Digital Resistance Levels
- Silent Magnetic Resistance
- Pedals w/Cages
- 3 LB Dumbbells Included
Where Can You Get the Best Deal?
At last check, Amazon was offering a great deal on the Nordictrack Studio Cycles, including free shipping with your purchase.
4. Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike
Schwinn IC4 Features
The Schwinn IC indoor exercise bikes (read our IC4 Review) are effective, affordable, and fun. They’re the perfect studio cycle for the person who is serious about getting a great ride, and even better workout, but they don’t want to pay the Peloton subscription fee, or don’t need an app or class.
The brand new Schwinn IC4 was designed specifically to be able to use with the Peloton app, which obviously makes it a great Peloton alternative.
It’s essentially the same bike as the Bowflex C6, so if you like the looks of that one, but want to pay about $150 less, then the IC4 may be just the bike you’ve been looking for.
Here are just a few of the things you can expect from your Schwinn IC4:
- Generous LCD Console Display
- 40-Pound Flywheel
- Infinitely Variable Resistance
- Media Shelf if You Want to Stream Workout Classes on Your Tablet
- Oversized Water Bottle Holder
- Multiple Grip Positions
- Ventilated Race-Style Seat
- Max User Weight: 300 LBS
- Dimensions: 45” L x 23” W x 49” H
Where Can You Buy the IC4?
The best place to purchase on the IC Indoor Cycling Bikes is at the official Schwinn website or you can find them on Amazon as well.
Check the link below for their latest prices – financing available.
5. Horizon iC7 Indoor Bike with Streaming Package
With the purchase of an Horizon iC7 Indoor Cycle bike, you get the amazing feel of being on the open road, but all the comforts of being in your own home or office.
Horizon iC7 Features
- Plenty of Adjustment Options for the Perfect Ride
- Innovative Console Technology
- High-Quality, Comfortable Ride
- Small Footprint: 53″ x 24″ x 48″
- Elite Pedals
- iPad or Tablet Holder with Streaming Package Purchase
- Doesn’t Have Built-in Screen – Tablet Required for Streaming Classes via App
At first glance the Horizon iC7 may appear to be a pretty Spartan alternative to the Peloton, but the tablet holder that comes with the streaming package is a game changer, and makes getting fit that much more enjoyable.
Now, you’re able to transform the Horizon iC7 into your own personal workout class. Mount your tablet and stream your favorite cycling workouts, while riding one of the best indoor cycles on the planet.
Where Can You Get the Best iC7 Deal?
Right now, you can lock in some pretty amazing deals at Johonsonfitness.com, the official retailer of Horizon.
If you want access to live instructors and classes, make sure to purchase the AboveTEK All-in-One Device Holder for just $25 so you can have a place to stream your cycling workouts!
6. L NOW Cycling Bike
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly cycling option for getting fit, there are a number of different bikes available for purchase on Amazon.
Amazon has options that start under $1000, and even some that are less than $500. Just search around a bit, and you should find something that meets your needs.
The L NOW has a lot of affordable options, so start with them if you’re looking for a cheap, yet high-quality bike.
L NOW Features
The L NOW bikes have plenty of features and accessories that make them worth considering.
Here are just a few things that are included:
- Built for Comfort
- Tension Resistance
- LCD Display
- Water Bottle Holder
- Multimedia Rack
- Tablet Needed to Stream Classes
Where to Buy L NOW
L NOW has options that start at just $570 on Amazon, so there’s an option for just about any budget. If you’re looking for something nicer and with more options, they have that as well.
Check out Amazon for the full line of L NOW bikes, plus a whole bunch of other bikes as well!
7. ASUNA Minotaur Cycle
The ASUNA Minotaur brings the feel of the open road into your home or office, for an amazingly smooth and comfortable ride.
Built with the needs of the serious spin rider in mind, the Minotaur brings all of the quality, features, and durability that you’d expect from one of the best names in cycling.
This highly adjustable cycle meets the comfort needs of pretty much any rider, making it easy to find the perfect position.
This bike is built with commercial-grade quality, but it’s the perfect bike to use for in-home rides as well. Here are just a few of the features that make the Minotaur one of the best spin bikes of the year:
- Magnetic Resistance for a Silent, Stable, Low-Maintenance Ride
- 33 LB High Inertia Flywheel for Super Stable, Comfortable Ride
- Flywheel Made from High-Grade Aluminum and Steel Alloy
- Heavy Duty Crank System
- Fully Adjustable Seat and Handlebars
- Two Built-in Water Bottle Holders
- Portable Wheels For Easy Storage
- Dual Sided Pedals Fit SPD Cleats While Also Accommodating Regular Fitness Shoes
- Dimensions: 57L x 27.2W x 49.2H
How to Make The Minotaur More Like the Peloton
In terms of quality, the Minotaur is one of the best. If you want to be able to stream rides, you will want to buy the optional tablet rack from Sunny Health & Fitness – the company that makes the Minotaur. You can find that here.
Once you have that installed, you can stream any of your workout apps on your tablet or mobile device, and use the Minotaur just like you would a Peloton.
Ready to Put the Minotaur to the Test?
Peloton App Alternative:
If you’re looking for a way to make your “regular” indoor cycle bike, like the Horizon iC7, for example, more like the Peloton, there are some easy steps for making that happen.
Here are some steps to take to make your regular indoor cycle “connected”:
- Buy Optional Tablet Mount
- Get the Passport Player (more info below)
- Buy the Peloton or Echelon Apps for Streaming Workouts
As long as you have the tablet or smartphone mount for your spin bike, you can take part in the live or recorded spin classes the Peloton and Echelon apps offer by simply downloading the apps and signing up for the service.
You can get a great deal on the Echelon App at their official website.
Competitor Summary: The Winner is?
While Peloton makes one of the best studio cycles around, they aren’t always the right choice for everyone.
If you’re looking for something different, then check out our short list above for some very good alternatives, and start riding your way to better shape today.
Looking for our favorite Peloton alternative?
We’d recommend putting the Echelon Smart Connect EX5s Max Indoor Cycle at the top of your list: